Types And Features Of Blogging Software
The scope of blogging is limitless in the presence of proper, competent blog software. Other than the elementary requirements of setting up an account, customizing it and easy posting, blogging software today, procures a great number of features, ensuring the creation of an excellently captivating blog.
These new software back various tasks ranging from content and image management, content publication to content syndication and comment moderation.
If categorized broadly, there are two major types of blogging software- hosted and independent. In case of hosted software, all the data and features are available online, whereas independent software are needed to be downloaded and installed in a web server of the user's choice.
It does not require user to be online every time and can be configured as per the blogger’s requirements. Hosted software are free and easy to use, where a user has to simply create a personal blog account, customize it accordingly and start making entries. Customization restricts to the selection from the given choices of features.
Hence, while shopping for these software, it is quite important for the user to execute a productive market research and avail a comprehensive catalog of available features.
This will give them a clear idea about their needs and demands. For beginners, the one with basic features is appropriate. On the other hand pro bloggers can go for the more advanced features that are a little more complicated to understand and use.
Mentioned below are some features that your blogging software must have:
• Blog creation and publication: This is indeed the most basic requirement of any blogging software. Ensure that your tool is capable of quick, proper creation of blog followed by apt posting of the same.
• Smooth uploading of photo, video and sound: To make a blog superbly attractive, informative and entertaining at the same time, bloggers prefer to add photos and videos. Hence, avail software that facilitates easy uploading of photos and videos so that your readers do not have to download various files to see and hear what you wish to share.
• Display of content and user interface: Be user friendly. Provide hassle free navigation around the site so that your readers can find and read your blog entries easily with just few clicks.
• Customizing layout and design of the blog: The appearance of your blog should speak about the overall content and its theme. Your software should provide you with the feasibility of designing your blog according to your motif and behavior.
• Monitor your traffic: Time for results! Today, many blogging software come with the option of calculating the volume of generated traffic. This will give you an idea about required amendments to sustain your readers’ interest.
Article Directory: http://www.articledashboard.com
- ▼ 09 (31)